Saturday, April 21, 2012

finished uniform

Here is our finished uniform, minus the belt, which was being worked on at the time. 
I should also correct myself regarding correct terminology. I should have said Aiguillette instead of Lanyard when describing the braided cording on the right shoulder.  I was reading through "A Dictionary of Military Uniform" to clarify it for myself, as Alix the design co-ordinator called it by the proper name. Aiguilette "is a plaited cord ending with needles, points or aglets." 
According to the dictionary, in the description of lanyard, it says" the cord around the arm and under the shoulder -strap may be single, double, or plaited".
Since this is plaited with needles, it should rightly be be called an Aiguillette.





Next up in our uniform making this season is a uniform of a different colour so to speak. More about this later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment